Friday, April 16, 2010

simple celebration...










on a whim yesterday afternoon, i put together a no-sew, ten minute banner, flung diagonally across the living room...  a banner bringing home a combination of a simple celebration of each new day/ a summer backyard picnic under a large swaying tree/ and a fluttering clothesline bathing in the sun.  each summer dream brings me a feeling of elation and warmth, and this string of pennants evokes, for me, all of these same feelings inside the room... and that is enough for me


























this occurred after cleaning the dirt from under my nails... the result of a morning spent gardening... planting eggplant, tomato, and herb plants, procured from the local community garden plant sale  












a few heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, raveena eggplant, basil, rosemary, garlic chives, mint...












determined to grow some of my own food on my little garden deck (or to at least give it my best effort)... still in need of some stakes to hold the massive leafy, fruit-filled abundance that my mind envisions ;)  

in the interval, the herbs will flavor my appetite



















an old, found, wooden chair, still in need of some care... but, for now, i will enjoy the touch of romantic whim it's lending to the garden










and, in other news, i recently gave an interview to 'blog interviewer' if you feel so inclined to check it out ;)


happy friday!




2 comments:

Emily said...

beautiful pictures!

Cary said...

:) i'm going to try some banners. i have some potatoes for you too. got an old plastic storage tub or something?