Monday, February 22, 2010

small moments, forever treasures...





"you must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment."  ~ henry david thoreau








now, i will happily admit to finding joy in reminiscing over the pleasant memories, dreaming of adventures to come... but, there is equal joy to be found in letting the present envelop you, feeling alive in each molecule of your being in a single moment, breathing deep and joyfully laughing at the surprising nature of the world around you


spent a lovely day at the zoo with my niece and nephew this weekend, followed by a pancake dinner, and completed with a sleepover and bagels for breakfast.  oh, how could i have left my camera behind, missing the capture of small moments at the zoo?  yet, how many small moments in these adventures will forever be captured in that little camera of the mind... stored away for instant recall, perusal, laughs, and smiles whenever i want.  it is sometimes so refreshing just to put the camera down for a day and simply live in the moments, basking in the now


that being said, i do so appreciate peeking through the window, into a world of moments i never lived, never saw... seeing into the mind of others, enjoying their little moments, captured forever for all to share.  an endless possibility of interpretation, sparking smiles and giggles and our own memories of the mind




here is a collection of beautiful flickr captures of small moments and forever treasures... click on the links under each picture to see the photography on flickr and to see each photographers vast array of beautiful images




























































4 comments:

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Love the Untitled photo by Cowboy. What a great picture. I love black & white!

Sunni said...

Oh I love those images, they are so inspiring. I'm in that way of life where I'm trying to get better at living in the moment and not always trying to jump ahead to the next moment before it arrives. I do believe it is an art that is rather hard (for me at least) to learn. Beautiful thoughts.

katy said...

it is definitely something i learn to do with each passing day... i'm a natural over-thinker and worrier, which sometimes makes living in the present difficult! but, that makes the moments in which i truly feel i'm living in the present that much more wonderful!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Oh my, thank you for including my photo in this wonderful collection. You described exactly how I feel about looking at other people's photographs!

I'm having a giveaway over at my blog this weekend, and a print of this very photo is part of the giveaway. I so hope you'll enter.

Your blog is really lovely. Not sure if I've told you that before. xo Gigi