Saturday, October 9, 2010

saturday shopping list - october 9th






"i have come to a still, but not a deep center,
a point outside the glittering current;
my eyes stare at the bottom of a river,
at the irregular stones, iridescent sandgrains,
my mind moves in more than one place,
in a country half-land, half-water.
i am renewed by death, thought of my death,
the dry scent of a dying garden in september,
the wind fanning the ash of a low fire.
what i love is near at hand,
always, in earth and air."

~ theodore roethke, 'the far field'























































p.s. i had to buy one of those 'i heart coffee' prints by michelemaule... because i really do heart coffee in a passionate way.  is it bad that my first thought in the morning, the one which pulls me from my bed, is usually of my french press?  are my priorities off in some way?


happy saturday


3 comments:

Güler USUĞ ÇINAR said...

Very cute picks. Thank you for including my peshtemal in this lovely blog.

flax and spindle said...

beautiful! You have been in my favorites forever!
Darlene

Into Vintage said...

Another lovely list - that tiny teacup is *amazing*. Thank you for including my pillow too - hope you're enjoying your weekend! -amy