Sunday, June 24, 2012

living room...



the forever evolving state of my home.
after moving all of the furniture around in the living room, i was left with a giant blank wall on one side... a drop cloth, a bit of paint, and the words of e.e. cummings helped fill the void.  an under $20 project... which makes it easy to replace with another, when the mood strikes.  several ideas are already floating about it my head; but, for now, reading this every morning over my cup of coffee is proving to be a lovely way to start the day.  here is the full poem...


"i will wade out
                        till my thighs are steeped in burning flowers
I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
                                       Alive
                                                 with closed eyes
to dash against darkness
                                       in the sleeping curves of my body
Shall enter fingers of smooth mastery
with chasteness of sea-girls
                                            Will i complete the mystery
                                            of my flesh
I will rise
               After a thousand years
lipping
flowers
             And set my teeth in the silver of the moon"  - e.e. cummings










now i'm on the lookout for a big rug and a few more splashes of bright color to balance the gray, black, and white tones.













happy sunday

4 comments:

chasing lightning bugs said...

you have created a beautiful and fresh space. it seems like a good space to read in.......

katy said...

thank you! and i do read in here quite a bit... the light is just perfect, to get lost in a book

Aunt Tricia said...

LOVE !

katy said...

thank you!